- Scoop one teaspoon of dry tea leaves, per standard (250ml) cup, into an infuser*.
- Place the infuser into the cup
- Pour in freshly boiled hot water (for black tea and herbals) or (ideally) 80-90oC for green tea,
- Allow to brew for 3 – 5 minutes to get a full flavour (adjust the time according to your preferred strength)
- Lift out the infuser from the cup
- Enjoy your freshly brewed tea!
If you use a large cup or mug, adjust the “1 teaspoon per 250ml” guide accordingly. A bigger infuser is better for larger mugs or travel cups.
Try not to overfill the infuser, as the water needs to be able to circulate around the leaves and most leaves will swell.
If you choose to add milk, or mylk, to your black tea – we suggest you add it in after the tea has been brewed, to ensure you only add as much milk as you like. Cups these days are robust enough not to need to add milk first to stop the china cracking from the heat of the water.
Our favourite infuser is the style that fits over most cups and mugs and has a lid to keep the tea warm whilst brewing and a drip saucer to sit in between making cuppas. It’s often fine to reuse leaves – especially good quality tea like from the Art of Tea!
*Our best-selling infuser is: Mug Infuser Stainless Steel with lid/saucer